Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Nice Little Saturday

I love time with my little family. We enjoy our friends and family and all of the fun events that come with, but more than anything, we love those rare Saturdays that are wide open and free for the three of us to do whatever our hearts desire. Yesterday was one of those days.

Here's how our day went:

To start off our morning, we headed out for breakfast. I love breakfast, and I especially love breakfast out in our great city of Portland, as there are so many amazing spots to choose from. Our first choice was Besaw's, but the line was...shall I say 'not toddler friendly', so we headed around the corner to St. Honoré. I love me some French pastries and cafe au lait, and this hit the spot.
Clara looking very French while nibbling on a petit pain au chocolat...yum.

Next, we headed to our favorite place to go as a family. Powells. When Kevin and I first started dating, we had several late night dates here we where would grab a coffee, and discuss life. I fell in love with Kevin at Powells, and therefor it holds a special place in my heart. Now that we are married, and have a our own little bookworm, Powells continues to be a great place for us to go as a family.

Clara reading Olivia.

Kevin and Clara doing some people watching outside of Powells while they waited for me to check out.

We had a very relaxed afternoon and evening, and wrapped our day up with a date night at home, which for those of you who have kids, understand this happens much more frequently than a night out. To make it special, I made some tasty adult fizzy raspberry lemonade drinks, and we played Dominion, which I won....for the first time...no big deal really.


No comments:

Post a Comment