Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Baby Food


Upon recommendation, I checked out the book "Super Babyfood" from the libary as a resource for making some of my own baby food for Clara. This book has every bit of information about baby food you could imagine from... when to introduce specific foods to your baby... all the way to recipes for making just about every fruit or vegetable into baby food.

Using the book's recipe, I decided to make baby food pears from some that I had purchased on Sauvie Island. Overall, the entire process was very quick and easy, and I am excited to try making other kinds of baby food soon!


After peeling and slicing up the pears, I put them in the food processor, and then strained them.

Then I poured the strained pears in a clean ice cube tray



I then covered the tray in Saran Wrap, and froze the cubes. Once frozen solid I put the cubes in airtight sandwich bags until Clara is ready to eat them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment