Monday, August 3, 2009

Happy Anniversary!





Yesterday Kevin and I celebrated our 1st Anniversary. If someone would have told me on our wedding day that I in a year I would have a baby girl, I would have laughed in their face, as Kevin and my original "plan" for children was to wait for a year or two. But as life goes, you never know what surprises there are around the corner, and finding out I was pregnant with Clara was not only a surprise, but a wonderful blessing. I now can't imagine our life without her, and am so glad she is here.

To celebrate our anniversary we packed the diaper bag, and headed out to Saturday Market where Kevin carried Clara around in the sling as we perused all the merchandise, ate an elephant ear, and just enjoyed being outside in the nice weather. Afterwards, Clara was ready for a diaper change and a feeding, which were both quite manageable to do in the car. Next, we headed to one of Kevin and my favorite spot, Powell's. We all got a book. A baby care book for me, a computer programming book for Kevin, and a Black and White board book for Clara. After this tiring outing we went home, lounged around, and ordered Thai take out from a new place in St. John's . Yum!

All in all I couldn't think of a better way to spend our anniversary. Doing things I love with the two people I love most in this world...wonderful :)



No comments:

Post a Comment