Saturday, August 1, 2009

Clara Marie





Kevin and I are overjoyed to welcome Clara Marie Mechling who was born on Saturday July 25th at 12:14 a.m. She weighed in at 7 lbs. 11 oz. (same as mommy) and was 21 inches long. She is absolutely beautiful with a full head of dark brown hair and bright eyes taking in the new world around her.

Clara is now 1 week old and we have enjoyed every day with her. After losing 4 oz. in the hospital, she had already gained an ounce by her Wednesday Dr.'s visit. This is not surprising as she is quite the eater. :) Like all newborns she spends a lot of her time sleeping, and Dad has become the best at putting her down with his amazing swaddling, rocking, and "shhh-ing" skills. Her favorite time to be up and active is from 11-2 in the morning which isn't the greatest for mom and dad, but we're working on getting her days and nights straight.

She also has been shedding her first layer of skin that was touching the amniotic fluid, and has already lost her umbilical cord. This happened on Wednesday, and today we were able to give her her first real bath. She loved it, as it probably reminded her of being back in the womb.

I am still just in awe that Kevin and I created this beautiful little girl, and can't believe it's already been a week that she has been in our lives. I can't wait to see how she develops, grows, and who she looks like. It seems she changes a little bit every day, and I can't stop taking pictures of her to capture every moment I can. We are madly in love.









No comments:

Post a Comment