Thursday, May 26, 2011

To do.

In anticipation of my new life as a part time teacher, I have been compiling all kinds of projects that I want to do once I have the time. At the moment, my to do list is long....very long... with not so fun tasks that all teachers face at the end of a school year. Instead of checking off that list, I would much rather make a new one. One with exiting, fun, and crafty projects that I plan on doing this summer and beyond.

Though doing report cards, filing, and curriculum planning for next year is necessary, making time to be creative is also important and is what brings me great joy in life.

This list will most likely get longer, but here is what I have so far on my summer (fun) to do list:

1) Bird Wings for Clara to perfect her "flap flap" moves
2) I love this simple kids tent, which would make a great fort, or quiet reading area for Clara
3) Even though I'm not a big fan of the giant fake flowers people stick on baby girl's head, these ones are adorable, and look really fun to make!
4) And just in case Clara needed another flower hair accessory, these felt flower clips are equally cute.
5) And just for fun, I want to make my first quilt. Like this one, or possibly this one, or maybe I should start off with something more simple like this one.
6) repaint Clara's Goodwill circular kids table with a fun geometric pattern. Sorry no pics...yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment