Unfortunately for me, this conversation happened last night, on a Tuesday. I won't bore you with the details, but as I woke up this morning, after reading a very frustrating email, I decided I just couldn't do it. Instead I chose to spend the day resting, and enjoying my favorite job, being mommy.
It was a great day, and just what I needed. Here are some of the highlights:
1. Snuggling in bed with Clara and watching Curious George, her favorite book, which is apparently also a T.V. show! Who knew?
2. Listening to Clara sing Jingle Bells (see video below), and her ABCs, over....and over.... and over again.
3. Watching Clara gobble up strawberries (her favorite), and still be willing to share a bite with her Mama
4. Introducing Clara to "flubber" at OMSI.
5. Getting the living room, kitchen, and Clara's room clean, along with 2 loads of dishes, a couple loads of laundry and vacuuming 2 rooms.
6. Working out AND making dinner...yes, I'm bragging a little.
7. Hugging my husband out of joy and not exhaustion at the end of the day, and then hearing Clara say "hug please" while looking up at Kevin and I with open arms.
Clara singing "Jingle Bells" She has never sang this before, and I had
know idea she even knew Jingle Bells until today.
know idea she even knew Jingle Bells until today.
the ironic part about this day is that I actually got a sinus infection 2 days later. Maybe I should have taken it easy, but time with my little one made it worth it.
ReplyDelete