Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful.


I am incredibly thankful for so many things this year. As of late, the hectic, and often overwhelming schedule at the Mechling house has forced me to focus on all of the great things going on in my life.

Yesterday, I heard about a man in Portland who died of hypothermia from being out on the streets in this cold weather. This made me realize that my stresses pale in comparison to what many people are experiencing out in the world, with no choice or possibility to change their situation.

So this Thanksgiving I am thankful for...

the freedom of choice.

being financially stress free.

the love and devotion of my husband.

my schooling being paid for.

supportive friends and family.

the experience of being a mother to Clara.

the beauty and bounty of Oregon.

my ability and willingness to learn new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment